THOUSANDS of people are expected in Redcar this weekend to attend the ever-popular Festival of Thrift.
As in previous years, a large volume of people is expected and to make journeys more efficient, event organisers have advised everyone attending to note the following travel tips:
- If you can walk or cycle to Kirkleatham, please do. It’s easier, quicker, and better for you and the planet!;
- The volume of traffic at peak times means that delays are very likely. There has been more investment in car parking and stewarding this year to make things as smooth as possible for those arriving by car but, like with all large-scale events, you may have to queue;
- To make your journey go quickly and smoothly, please follow the Festival of Thrift road signs instead of your GPS. This will allow you to get onto the site much quicker;
- Please park in the car park to avoid congestion in surrounding residential areas. There is a £5 fee for motorists to park on site; this contributes to the operational costs of the festival;
- Remember to be considerate to those living locally by not parking on residents’ driveways or obstructing roads. Parking enforcement will be in operation throughout the weekend.
Festival of Thrift director Stella Hall said: “If you can walk or cycle to Kirkleatham, please do, but we appreciate that people travel from far and wide so this is not always practical. If you are arriving by car, please be patient if there are delays at peak times, the festival’s well worth coming to and is extremely popular so traffic queues are very likely.
“We also ask that people are mindful and cause as little disruption as possible for the residents living in the surrounding areas.
“However you travel to the event, we are really looking forward to welcoming you to a truly memorable Festival of Thrift.”
If you have any queries about the festival, please visit the Festival of Thrift website – www.festivalofthrift.co.uk
For any further enquiries, please contact Rachel Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07905215712.